No architect gets excited about foundations, and no eCommerce manager foams at the mouth at the thought of a well-written website specification. But the fact remains: skimp at this stage and your project will be risky and unstable – prone to sudden collapse.
In our new ‘Let’s talk eCommerce Series’ our Directors David and Bachir discuss the critical project specification stage in-depth: from the research, you’ll need to kick off with, to how to pull all your thoughts together at the end. You’ll hear about timesaving techniques from like-minded peers who’ve mastered the process – as well as common pitfalls to avoid.
Plus with so many variables to consider, it can be difficult to know where to begin, to help you even further our handy project specification guide and template, will ensure you’ve covered all your bases, whilst keeping your project specification from becoming a sprawling monstrosity.
Catch up to discover:
- How to think through all your needs, for both internal business processes and customer requirements, and then present these clearly.
- How to shape your priorities and decide what is business-critical for go-live and what can be added later through agile development.
- The critical points most eCommerce managers will miss, which can cause problems down the line.
- How to take a step back and see where your project could be improved with better eCommerce integrations and fulfilment.
- How to avoid project creep
Watch our webinar below to see how to build hardworking eCommerce project specifications that are transparent, concise and scope out your true business requirements. You’ll be well on your way to producing a first-class document that will help bring your vision to life.